Stroke Rehabilitation – What Can I Expect?
A stroke can cause numerous uncertainties. When you decide to participate in stroke rehabilitation at our hospital, we want you to feel confident about what to expect.
During a stay at our hospital, you can expect:
- Evaluation by a rehabilitation physician, as well as a speech, occupational, and/or physical therapist after being admitted to the hospital
- To set recovery goals with your health care team and family
- A customized treatment plan based upon your goals
- Updates and coordination of your care by a case manager
- At least 15 hours a week of physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy as appropriate
- Daily care by nurses who are available 24/7
- Dysphagia management for swallowing issues, if needed
- Respiratory therapy, if needed
- Stroke education and caregiver training for family members
- Home evaluations to prepare you for a safe return back home
Learn more about our stroke rehabilitative services here.