Frequently Asked Questions
We want you to be confident and knowledgeable about your care at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho. Below are answers to frequently asked questions by our patients and their families.
If you have additional questions, please Contact Us.
What is inpatient rehabilitation?
Inpatient rehabilitation is care that’s provided at a medical rehabilitation hospital, like ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho.
At the hospital, your rehabilitation and medical management is our sole focus.
Our facility is equipped and our staff is specially trained in rehabilitation, allowing us to provide you highly focused, carefully coordinated, individualized care. We help you recover to your fullest abilities so you can return home quickly with as much independence as possible.
How does inpatient rehabilitation differ from rehabilitative care at nursing homes?
Services provided in other settings, like a nursing home, can’t match the higher level of care found at a medical rehabilitation hospital like ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho.
Medical rehabilitation hospitals are required to be:
- Licensed and accredited for hospital-level rehabilitative care
- Use an interdisciplinary team approach to care
- Have a physician with specialized rehabilitation training supervise medical services
- Provide rehabilitative nursing 24/7
- Offer patient therapy – physical, occupational, and/or speech – for a minimum of 15 hours a week
National studies show patients treated at medical rehabilitation hospitals return home sooner, remain home longer, have fewer hospital readmissions and ER visits, and live longer versus other types of rehabilitation programs.
In addition, the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association also strongly recommends that stroke patients receive rehabilitative care at medical rehabilitation hospitals versus nursing homes.
What is outpatient rehabilitation and is it right for me?
Outpatient therapy is a highly effective way to continue your recovery from a disabling injury or illness. Your healthcare provider can refer you to ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho for these services, or you can ask him or her if you can benefit from these treatments.
In general, you may be a good candidate for outpatient therapy if:
- You feel you are physically strong and mobile enough to manage your own care with or without the help of a caregiver.
- You feel you can manage daily tasks independently or with help from a caregiver. This includes taking your medications, getting dressed, eating, cooking, or changing wound bandages.
- You feel confident that you can manage home-based exercises and strategies provided by your therapists.
- You have reliable transportation to get to therapy sessions.
What types of injuries or illnesses does ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho treat?
At ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho, we offer specialized rehabilitative services to treat a wide number of debilitating injuries or illnesses, which include but aren’t limited to:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF)
- Amputations (PDF)
- Brain Injuries
- Cancer (PDF)
- Cardiac Conditions
- Chronic Illnesses
- Congenital Deformities
- Critical Care Complications
- General Debility
- Diabetes (Uncontrolled)
- Hip Fractures
- Joint Replacements
- Kidney Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (PDF)
- Neurological Disorders
- Neuropathy (PDF)
- Orthopedic Injuries/Fractures
- Parkinson’s Disease (PDF)
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction (POCD) (PDF)
- Respiratory Failure/COPD
- Spinal Cord Injuries (PDF)
If you don’t see your diagnosis on this list, please Contact Us
Our goal is to help you recover to your fullest abilities so you can return home quickly with as much independence as possible.
Why should I choose ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
Our patients come first.
ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho is a medical rehabilitation hospital that provides a specialized level of care not found in other settings.
Our highly trained team, specialized equipment, state-of-the-art facility, and integrative approach set us apart. We continually strive to provide patients with exceptional outcomes and quality of life, often going above and beyond normal service expectations.
Our Values and Beliefs are core to the personalized, patient-centered care we provide. We’re passionate about providing superior service in a healing environment that is:
We recognize that every patient heals differently. We work with you and your family to carefully coordinate and customize your care so you recover to your fullest abilities. Our interdisciplinary healthcare team customizes a treatment plan with you and your family based on your individual goals, motivations, and abilities.
Our care is led by physicians specializing in rehabilitation and includes:
- Nursing Services for around-the-clock medical attention
- Physical Therapy for mobility and pain management
- Occupational Therapy for development and recovery of daily living skills
- Speech Pathology for speech, hearing, cognitive, or swallowing difficulties
- Dietary Services for nutritional and special dietary needs
- Respiratory Therapy for improved breathing, energy, and stamina
- Wound Care Management for improved healing and prevention of complications
- Orthotic & Prosthetic Services for enhanced physical abilities
- Case Management for coordinated patient care during and after a stay at our hospital, including access to ongoing care and resources
- Other Healthcare Professionals
We question, challenge, and strive to get better results for you during the course of your recovery. We’re dedicated to helping you recover to your fullest abilities so you can return home quickly at the highest level of independence possible.
How do I get admitted to ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
You can choose ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho for your rehabilitative needs. Inform your physician or healthcare provider that you would like to be treated at our hospital.
Your physician or healthcare provider will coordinate next steps with us. We will evaluate your medical needs to be sure we’re the right fit for your continued recovery.
Who is on my healthcare team at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
At ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho, a physician leads our interdisciplinary healthcare team to customize a treatment plan with you and your family based on your individual goals, motivations, and abilities.
Depending upon your specific needs, your team may include:
- Physicians specializing in rehabilitation
- Rehabilitative Nurses available around-the-clock
- Physical Therapists for mobility and pain management
- Occupational Therapists for development and recovery of daily living skills
- Speech Pathologists for speech, hearing, cognitive, or swallowing difficulties
- Dietitians for nutritional and special dietary needs
- Respiratory Therapists for improved breathing, energy, and stamina
- Case Manager for coordination of your care during and after your hospital stay, including access to ongoing care and resources
- Other Healthcare Professionals
What insurances does ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho accept?
We accept multiple insurance plans and Medicare.
Please Email Us to verify that your insurance plan covers services provided by ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho.
What are the visiting hours for ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
You are welcome to have visitors from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Children are invited to visit under the supervision of an adult. There is ample visitor parking near the hospital.
We recommend that you plan visits around your therapy times.
Can a family member stay overnight with me at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
If a family member would like to stay overnight with you, please contact a member of your healthcare team who will work with you to determine your best course of recovery.
Can family members be involved in my care at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
Absolutely. With your permission, we highly encourage family members be involved in your recovery process.
Family members may participate in creation of your treatment plan, review of your progress, education, and discharge planning.
We confirm your desired level of family involvement upon admission to ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho.
What happens once I leave ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
Upon discharge, we remain a partner in your healthcare. We understand that your best opportunity for recovery is within a few months following your medical event. We want to help you find ways to capitalize on that time.
We help arrange further resources as needed, such as follow-up physician appointments, outpatient therapy, or home health. We supply you and your family with educational information on continued exercises, behavior modifications, home modifications, and assistive devices, if necessary.
We want to help you continue with your healing so you remain as independent as possible.
Who do I contact if I have a billing question?
If you have a question regarding a billing statement, please call 505-295-6358.
How do I apply for a job at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho?
If you’d like to become part of a healthcare team where your skills, talents, and input are valued, then we invite you to explore career opportunities at ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Rio Rancho.
Print & Save
Our Specialized Rehabilitative Care
Better Outcomes with Inpatient Rehabilitation