Living with a chronic illness like Parkinson’s disease can be challenging. Rehabilitation can help individuals with Parkinson’s disease better manage and control symptoms.
At our hospital, a physician-led, multi-disciplinary team customizes care plans with patients and their families based upon individual motivations and goals. Physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy treatments are provided to help manage disease symptoms, including:
- Muscle tone and tremor management
- Posture, balance, and walking
- Speed of movements
- Fatigue and endurance
- Swallowing issues
- Communication, voice, and speech impairments
- Impaired memory, problem-solving, and behavior
- Self-care skills, such as feeding and dressing
- Bowel and bladder training
- Depression management
Our goal is to improve our patients’ quality of life by improving mobility, function, and independence.