Alzheimer’s Disease & Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation for individuals with Alzheimer’s differs depending upon the person’s symptoms and severity of the disease.
At our hospital, our physician-led healthcare team works with Alzheimer’s patients to help them maintain their abilities and independence for as long as possible.
Individual treatment plans are created with patients and their families, offering as appropriate:
- Physical Therapy to help improve muscle strength, balance, and mobility. Also aids in fall prevention.
- Speech Therapy to help with cognitive, communication, eating, and swallowing issues.
- Occupational Therapy to aid with daily living activities such as eating, bathing, and dressing.
- Nutritional Support and Counseling to aid with a healthy, sustainable diet approach
- Home Evaluations to identify necessary modifications to the home to provide a safe environment.
- Family/Caregiver Education to teach family members and caregivers about the disease process and how to best help, including resources available.