Not all rehabilitative care is the same.
When searching for services, it’s important to take note of the differences. Services provided in other settings can’t match the higher level of care found at medical rehabilitation hospitals.
Medical rehabilitation hospitals are required to:
- Be licensed and accredited
- Use an interdisciplinary team approach to care
- Have a physician with specialized rehabilitation training supervise medical services
- Provide rehabilitative nursing 24/7
- Offer patients therapy for a minimum of 15 hours a week
In addition, a national study shows that patients receiving rehabilitative care at inpatients hospitals return home sooner, remain home longer, have fewer hospital readmissions and ER visits, and live longer versus those treated at nursing homes or skilled nursing facilities.
At our hospital, patients interact and set individual goals with an interdisciplinary team that includes a physician, along with specially trained healthcare professionals in physical, occupational, and speech therapy; rehabilitative nursing; case management; respiratory therapy; dietary services; and other specialized services.
We invite you to view our recent blogs and news. For your convenience, our latest Post is shown below!