Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease
If heart disease runs in your family, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll get it. But it does mean that you’re more likely to. Even with a family history, however, you can take steps to dramatically reduce your risk.
So, what can you do?
- Eat healthy. Ensure your diet includes whole foods, fruits, vegetables, lean protein, nuts, seeds.
- Control your cholesterol.
- Get moving. The American Heart Association recommends that adults get 2½ hours of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity per week.
- Manage your blood pressure.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Try to get 7-9 hours of quality sleep a night.
- Control your blood sugar.
- If you smoke, stop.
We invite you to view our recent blogs and news. For your convenience, our latest Post is shown below!